Social Work

Before studying Social Work, I studied for a year and a half Pedagogy in History and Geography at the “ex Pedagogico”. Until then I had never thought of Social Work as a true option, I had heard about that career but it never caught my attention 100%. When I left pedagogy, I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know what else I could study, I was very afraid of being wrong again and disappointing my family.


My mother was a social worker in her youth so she began to tell me about her experiences, thanks to her I realized how beautiful this career is, and also how sacrificing it is. There were many people who criticized me and told me that I shouldn’t study Social Work because I was "very sensitive." "How are you going to study that? you are going to cry ”,“ Fernanda, you are very sensitive, you will not be able to bear it ”. After all those criticisms, I entered Social Work with a little fear, but always keeping my mother's good words in mind. Finally, being in the second year of this beautiful career, I realized that without sensitivity being a social worker is impossible: without empathy, without pain, without sadness, without indignation, we will not be able to transform reality.



For all those who criticized me, here I am!

Comentarios

  1. Hii Fernanda, i love it your story and I hope you continue to call a lot of mouths.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. yeeeee im sure you're going to be the best social worker of all the world, i love youuuu

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

my partner Sami

a country you would like to visit: Cuba

The best concert ever